Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 9 #20

I haven't spent much time on YouTube before tonight. I find that one can become hooked with watching videos. Seems to me each video and other related videos are endless on what people will post online. I did enjoy seeing the videos and I'm thrilled that the students who show me what they are watching have very innocent videos of basketball shots and sports related topics.
One of my favorite YouTube videos is featured below. I like it for the rider's skill, the free rein competition and of course one of my favorite country singers. I am a rider who has enjoyed the experience of owning, riding and competeing. Watching the video brings back all the wonderful experiences of interacting with horses. People and horses can build a special bond and trust. Stacy demonstrates this in the video.
I think that finding the right video to work with various lessons, history, or books can be very beneficial to students. The medium is certainly interactive for the students who enjoy the short, entertaining videos they view. I also believe the videos can enhance how to focus on a topic and capture in one to three minutes the point being made. I also think that point of view can be demonstrated with the use of YouTube. I am having trouble getting the video to upload onto my page. I will have to explore this option and post my favorite video tomorrow.

No comments: