Sunday, March 2, 2008

Week 8 #18

I wish I had paid attention to this assignment earlier. The grant the high school librarian and I are trying to write could have been posted in Zoho Writer and we could have worked on it together. Instead we e-mailed the document back and forth and my school e-mail doesn't always open at home. I did post an old article on my blog. I've added little blurbs in the article, but did not post this article. I also tried to add a table on another version but I hadn't planned out the entire table and when I tried to get the table to delete I wasn't successful. I also looked to add more to the table and haven't figured out how to do this either. I am still playing but I think that some of the features of Zoho Writer are not as user friendly as a regular table in Word.

I believe this Zoho Writer would be very useful for curriculum planning between teachers and librarians. I already see benefits for summer work. We could post documents and work together on them without having to necessarily be all in the same room. I could even be visiting my family and still be participating on the work that needs to be accomplished.

I do believe from my experience so far that it would take careful planning and set up of tables and extras. I say this because I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm unable to change a table I added to my document which I haven't posted. Did anyone else have the same trouble? What did you do?

No comments: